Friday, March 28, 2008

Day 15: Hospital trip #2

Hey everybody! It's me, Braxton. Today was an okay day. It started at 7:30 when I had to wake up for a spinal tap( suctions up to one tsp. of spinal fluid out of your spine to test it for cancer cells). They also gave me a chemo treatment in my spinal fluid. After I woke up from that, I went back to my room to start my chemo therapy. I get my chemo therapy in my room through a tube that is connected to a port in my chest. The medicine drips from a bag through a tube and into me!:) Chemo therapy has many different affects on your body. The most visible affect is hair loss, which has not happened to me yet, although I have shaved my head. After they got my chemo started I could do whatever I wanted, within reason. I am attached to a tower of tubes that follows me everywhere. At about 1:00 my dad left for work, and I was by myself until my friend and his dad came at 2:00. When my friend got here we played Lord of the Rings on the PS2 the hospital has. After a little PS2, we watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off, because it's a good movie, and my family says we are very similar. I just checked my blog and saw all the comments from everyone at Highview. Thanks! Keep writing! Right now my mom and I are watching the NCAA basketball tournament. To be continued...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brax-
I hope Saturday is finding you well. We have been really busy working on Alissa and Peter's wedding plans. We are so hoping you'll be able to come!

I love reading your blogs. Do you think you could count your writing as an English grade?

That was pretty cool that your frinds sent you so many mesages. Can you print and save your blogs?

We are praying for you!

Love,
Aunt Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Braxton! How are you? I'm glad you're feeling good. Nice job with the NCAA tournament bracket! Can you believe Duke lost? I thought that they'd do better. We're keeping you in our prayers!

Mike Swenson

Anonymous said...

Hi, Braxton. It sure sounds like you are taking all of this in stride. Keep that positive attitude and you'll be fine. We're praying for you at our church as well.

This blog thing is fantastic! We'll check in often. Love, Aunt Wilma

Anonymous said...

Hi Braxton!
A quick hello! You and your family our in our thoughts. Keep up the positive attitude.

See you soon.
The Lawrence Family
Mary, Dave, Madeline and Kaley