Sunday, March 30, 2008

day17: busy day

Today has been a busy day. We had a good night's sleep then the day started at 8 with chemo and breakfast. I went to a training meeting at 9 to learn how to give Braxton his GCSF injections to keep his platelets up. He will have them daily after his next round of chemo in April until he comes back for round 4. I got back to the room at 10ish to get Braxton dug into homework before the day gets busy, and then the day got busy. The Lundeen family came to visit around 11! Brax was happy to have friends around and he, John, Sarah and Bethany disappeared into the Teen Room while Cindy, Todd and I sat in the lobby and chatted. Nice to see other adults who aren't nurses or doctors! Later we had lunch with them up on the 8th floor. Braxton thought that he had enough time left on his battery and fluid to be gone awhile longer but then...over the loudspeaker we hear "Mr. Braxton please return to the 5th floor". I guess they're tracking us down again. Braxton is getting a rep for not being in his room. "Where is he now?" I like to get us out of the room to see light, take a walk, change of scenery...we usually come back on time.
The Lundeens went home and then Braxton and I dug into homework til Barb, Rich and Emma arrived with dinner and birthday cake from Paul and Gretchen's party. We visited with them for awhile and introduced Emma to cold pizza :). Thanks for coming by Barb and Rich!
Braxton is calming down from visits, checking on basketball (Go Kansas!), and eating carrots. Brad will get here soon and I'll return home to put kids to bed and get ready for work. David has had a full weekend of driving kids and feeding kids. He is anxious to share that work now!
Happy birthday to Kyle Nord (my nephew)! I hope you had a fun birthday party!
Braxton goes home tomorrow! Round 2 is almost at an end, and Braxton is still feeling good. Yeah!
-posted by Beth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Braxton! This is Trevor McDonald, from youth group and Highview, just checkin' in. I'd like to let you know that you are in our prayers. I even have a little sticker on my watch that reminds me to pray for you.
I just read some of the blogs, and I realized that I know the Lundeens you're talking about!

Sincerely,
Trevor

Kara said...

Praying for you and your family, Beth and Braxton.