Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 6

Here we are at day six of Braxton's stay for chemo. The day started off like any other day. Braxton and I slept until almost 10am. The doctors came in and spoke with us and checked out Braxton. We then watched The Price is Right and started doing homework at 11am. Everything was going well until Brax got up and went to the bathroom. When he came out he was feeling dizzy and light-headed. I got him to his bed and he laid down. Now for the excitement. Braxton started to feel sick to his stomach. You can all guess what happened next. Brax vomited! Yes, the sequel to blowing chunks reared its ugly head. After finishing he said that he felt ok. I think it was just getting out of bed and moving around that made him feel sick. He is taking a nap now. I went to the Big 10 for lunch and brought back some cheese curds for my little buddy. I hope they sit well.

We had a minor scare last night as Braxton's temp started to climb again. It got to 100.3 at about 9pm but has been fine ever since. Maybe just the excitement of the Twins clobbering the Red Sox 7-3 made that temp rise.

Once again, thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers. We are truly blessed to have such caring family and friends.

Take Care and God Bless,

Big Bad Brad the Dad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO BRAD AND BRAXTON,
SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAD A BAD MORNING BUT HAPPY THINGS ARE BETTER TONITE. SOMETIMES, IT IS HARD TO PUT INTO WORDS ALL THAT WE'RE FEELING BUT WE "STORM HEAVEN" EVERY NITE AND KNOW THAT THE GOOD LORD IS GIVING ALL OF YOU THE FAITH AND STRENGTH TO TRUST IN HIM. WE LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK GOD FOR ALL OF YOU WHO TAKE SUCH GOOD CARE OF BRAXTON. LOVE,GRANDPA&GRANDMA NORD

Anonymous said...

Hi Braxton!
Hope you're feeling better after a not so great day. If you feel up to it lets plan on a movie Friday.You name it and we'll go! I'll call you when you get home and we can make plans. Here's to a better day tomorrow.
Love, Barb

Anonymous said...

HI BRAXTON, GRANDMA GAY HERE. I JUST CAME INTO THE OFFICE AND READ YOUR DAD'S BLOG. I HOPE THAT YOU ARE FEELING BETTER TODAY, WED. I SEND A PRAYER EVERY MORNING BEFORE I COME TO THE OFFICE. IT STARTS MY
DAY. YESTERDAY I RECEIVED MY GRANDMOTHERS DAY CARDS. THEY ARE
BEAUTIFUL AND I THANK YOU AND YOUR
SISTERS FOR THEM. I HOPE THE SUN WILL COME OUT TODAY. LOVE G.G.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Brax and all,
Wow, what a cool room you've got! I'm glad that you have it to give a little bit of fun while you are there. We are praying for you Brax!
Lots of love,
Lissa