Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 60: Changing of the Guard

It's been another changing of the guard. Beth was with Braxton all weekend, I spent Sunday Night with him, and his Dad arrives this morning for the remainder of Braxton's stay.

Braxton and I had a quiet evening last night. The Twins were playing the Red Sox, but the game was on ESPN which is not available in the hospital. So Braxton watched a show on "Sports Science" on Fox Sports Network while I monitored the Twins game on my computer. The sports science show was measuring the reaction times of various types of athletes - football players, basketball players, baseball players, and even a drag racer. He was also playing games on his DS system. Even though the game wasn't on tv, Braxton still had his video camera focused oon the Metrodome.

Braxton had the room bathed in the electric green color which looks a lot like Mountain Dew. I noticed at one point that my bottle of Mountain Dew actually looked clear in that lighting.

The Twins jumped out to a 7-1 lead in the game and held on to beat the Red Sox 9-8. They took two out of three games from the Red Sox and maintained their hold on first place in the AL Central.

GO, TWINS!

Now for all of you Illinois readers of this blog, you should also be rooting for the Twins. As much as you like the White Sox, you have to help Braxton by cheering for the Twins. That goes for you especially, Uncle Jeff!!

Braxton turned the tv off at 11:30 and we went to bed. It was a quiet night. We both slept well and Braxton did not wake up until 9:30 when he was visited by a team of doctors. He rolled over and went back to sleep after they left.

I did a poor job of packing. My plan was to go directly to the office from the hospital and so I packed work clothes. But I forgot to pack dress socks and a black belt. So I just wore jeans to the office today since I don't have any client meetings anyway.

I left for the office at about 9:50am. Braxton was still sleeping!

+ posted by David.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Braxton!
Just finished reading the blog entries and seeing your fabulous room! It looks like something out of Star Treck! The shower is too cool!!!! Emma had her swimming lesson today and did great. She's almost swimming!!! Two more days and you'll be coming home. Everyone is very happy about that. I'll see you when you get home.
Love, Barb