Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday, Monday

The weekend went well and Braxton got off of his pump lastnight. The nurse will be by, today, to check blood again. Braxton is very good at knowing all of his procedures and pills. When I took him off of the IV fluid pump, he wanted to do the saline flush and Heprin injection himself. I let him. He did it all right, even down to sucking the Heprin into the syringe. Maybe he will be a doctor someday! Uncle Jeff stood by watching. It's all kind of weird if you don't live with it...
Braxton and Uncle Jeff went to see Ironman, yesterday. On a sunday afternoon, the theater was empty (just how we like it- less germs) and they thought the movie was great. Good fun! Later, Jeff took the kids to grill with Brad and visit.
Emma and Zoe and I walked to Valentine Hills School for the Family Arts Festival while Brax was at the movie. It was a beautiful day to walk through the neighborhood and on the woods path. We got a little muddy though. On the way home, Emma took...her....time...smelling flowers, picking up sticks, collecting pinecone families. We made it home after awhile. :)
Bayley was gone all weekend working on Moundsview's play and attending a Speech Team Banquet on sunday afternoon. Uncle Jeff saw her here and there, but not much.
Braxton has a kidney functioning test on tuesday then checks in on thursday for chemo #4. Please pray that Braxton's kidneys are ok and that Braxton can get the methotrexate treatment this chemo round.
-posted by Beth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, Liz Johanson here!

Braxton, I hope you're doing okay-- I'm so glad you have a blog so we can all read up on how you're doing. I don't know if you have a Nintendo DS or not, but I have some games I could send you if you do. :) just shoot me an email at johansel@mnstate.edu

I'll be in the cities in June, so hopefully I can stop in for a visit. I hope the rest of you are doing well too. Keep your heads up, everyone!

Lovelove
Liz