Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday

Here we are in room 21 at the U of M Hospital. Braxton is still having problems getting his white blood count up. So, if anyone out there knows a wbc dance, start dancing. Dad, that means you too.
We now have a new quote of the day person. Beth, the mom, after I told her today that Braxton's wbc was still at 300, said, "I gave him the shot, Braxton was there!" I had to laugh at that one.
We had a nurse come in today and told us that maybe Braxton could get outside for a while. Brax and I thought we could walk somewhere and get a bite to eat. Well, after the blood counts came back the Doctor said no way to go out to eat and no way to even getting outside. If she would have let us outside, I was going to sneak Brax to Applebee's. You can imagine Braxton's disappointment. So instead, I ordered us food and walked over to Applebee's to pick it up. Burger and fries and grilled cheese and fries was enjoyed.
It does not look to good for Brax to get out of the Hospital Thursday as we had hoped. He had a fever of 101.1 at 10pm Tuesday night. The fever, coupled with his low blood counts spells more time in the hospital. It now looks like our best case scenario would be to get out Friday.
AAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH. 3:55 pm and Braxton's fever just hit 101.1 again. That usually means another two days. Bummer, man.
We now know what is going to happen with Braxton's spot on his arm. On Tuesday, May 27 Brax will have another pet scan. On Thursday, May 29 Dr. Klohise will perform a biopsy surgery on Braxton's arm. Then on Monday, June 2 we will meet with the Doctors and find out what is up with the spot on the arm and begin the last round of chemo. This is another bummer because the kids and I always go back to the farm for "Saddle Horse Holidays", which tales place on Father's Day weekend. Oh, well. Fight cancer first then have fun.
Thanks again to all of you for keeping Brax in your thoughts and prayers. Brax is living proof that prayer works as his knee looks to be back to normal.
Take Care and God Bless,
Big Bad Brad the Dad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until I get to go on the computer and get the latest news about Braxton. Sorry to hear about the low WBC. Thought of you last nite Brax, I had to call the paramedics to take Grandpa into the hospital - turned out he has the flu and a bacterial infectiom, and it always hits the elderly a bit harder. They let us go home at 4:00 p.m. but sitting in the E.R. in the quiet of the night, my thoughts were about you and your
hospital days. So happy to hear your leg is getting better and we will again "storm heaven" to ask for good results on the arm. Looking forward to having us all together at Alissa's wedding. We'd love to have you stay with us and you can have your own room. The girls can have the trundle beds and we have a big blowup mattress for David, or, you could have the blowup mattress in the family room to watch TV - I love late night movies and am really a night owl. We have a 50's diner called JOE's Diner right across from Candlewick and they make the best hamburgers and shakes. We can go there or order and bring it home. I am going on and on, aren't I - no sleep last nite have to keep close watch on Grandpa as he is very weak and doesn't seem to be walking very well right now. Pray for us too, Love you all and tell your Dad he writes a good "blog". Gramma Nord

Anonymous said...

I really am tired - infection and 4:00 a.m. corrections GN

Anonymous said...

I hope that your count goes up soon! I am thinking about you and maybe I will try to come up with a WBC dance. I don't know though...

Mrs. Becky Wielinski