Saturday, May 10, 2008

What Day Is It?

It's saturday...Braxton slept in today. Friend, Brendan, came to visit around 11:3o bringing movies. They filled the afternoon with games in the Teen Room. David brought Bayley (and her computer chip baby-Velvet), Paul, Emma and Gretchen. They played games and played with the light panel in Braxton's room. It is pretty cool. Catherine came to visit, so we left the kids and went to Bruegger's to have lunch. The rain came while we were out so we walked back to the hospital (fast). I got to do some homework after everyone left and Braxton went back to being bored. 7 days is a long time to sit in a hospital. Braxton can leave his room to go to the Teen room or take a walk, but he can't leave the floor since he's constantly hooked up to chemo. So, we play games, Braxon does some homework, I do some homework, we watch Discovery and the Twins games...play with the lights. But, the point of being here is to rest and let chemo drugs do their job. 4 more days :)
-posted by Beth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Braxton,
Just want you to know that I am always thinking about you. You are in my prayers. Your suite sounds really cool! Give your mom a big Happy Mother's Day hug for me. I miss you all.
Love, Aunt Nicole

Anonymous said...

Hi, Braxie and Beth. Wow, there was a lot to catch up on since I hadn't been on your blog for over a week. Terrific news on the PET scan. Thanks for posting the family pictures. I'm glad Jeff got up there to visit. I want to go to see Iron Man too; it got great reviews.
Julie, Teri, and Sean took me out for brunch today for Mother's Day. (Grandpa is, of course, playing at Wrigley Field, even though we had lots of rain this morning.) Ian and Hannah came too.
Braxie, the best gift for your mom will be you getting and staying well. We're praying for that.
Love, Aunt Wilma