Sunday, April 13, 2008

Back To School...

Hello bloggers,
Braxton started home schooling today! He hasn't been in class since March 10 but he did pretty well! Becky Wielinski came this afternoon and got Braxton started on math. He seemed to flow right back into it, which was good for me to see.
Braxton has been carrying his fluid IV backpack around for a few days, now, and will be unplugged tomorrow ( I hope). He's been a great sport about having it and responding well to the IV shots for his infection. He's been active with his siblings and a couple of friends and has been very tired in the evenings. The rest of the week will be quieter when we all go to school and work.
Zoe had 2 performances, with her church musical cast, on friday and saturday. They performed "Good Kings Come In Small Packages", a show based on King Josiah. She had a small solo but was very good and well prepared! Yeah Zoe!!
Bayley's Moundsview Speech Team came in 2nd in their State Speech Competition. Bayley did not compete but was excited to be there to cheer her her team on!
Emma went to Zoe. C's birthday party on saturday! Lots of pre-school friends were there plus a chinchilla and a bearded lizard! Sounded fun and crazy! :)
Hey Roseville Covenant Confirmation class!! It's me Braxton- Thanks for praying for me and for sending all of the cards!! I really miss coming to youth group and sunday class. After my next chemotherapy, I might be able to come to youth group. I have to see about my blood cell counts first. Today I noticed that my hair is falling out. Pretty weird to see and kind of sad. Keep praying and I'll try to come back soon.
posted by Beth and Braxton

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Braxton,
I wouldn't be able to stand all those shots and stuff because I hate those types of needles! You know those Maximum Ride books one of your cousins mentioned a few days ago? I haven't read them, but Michelle has, and she said the end of the last book is really lame. But there are some videos based on the books some high schoolers made for a school project. I watched them and they are great! (The ones by "masquerangel". In the search section, type in "Maximum Ride", and they should come up.) Get better soon! You're in my prayers.
Elizabeth Johnson

Anonymous said...

Hi! Elizabeth again! I forgot to say the Maximum Ride videos are on YouTube.

Anonymous said...

Hi Braxton!

It's Mike! I hope you're feeling well! Have you seen the wild playoff games? Both games so far have gone into overtime! By the way, congratulations on picking Kansas to win the NCAA tournement! The final game was really close!
Hope I can come visit you soon! Talk to you later!

Anonymous said...

Hi Family,
Brax, so glad you're enjoying getting back into school - sounds like you have a wonderful teacher. Congratulations to Bayley's Speech Team - bet they really appreciated your support Bayley and cheering! And Emma, how I wish we could have been there to hear your solo - we're so lonking forward to Alissa and Peter's wedding when you and Ryan will walk down the aisle. At first, when Ryan's Mom told him about the wedding, he thought he had to marry Alissa and he said "no way". Then Julie explained to him just what you and he would be doing and now he's looking forward to the wedding. It's late and have to go into the office tomorrow, so I'll say Good Night sweet Boy - we so enjoy reading your Journal. God be with you, Love Grandpa and Grandma Nord