Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day 24: The Second Shift

Hello, All!

It's David speaking.

I have my first overnight shift with Braxton. Beth has been here in the hospital since Friday, so I am giving her a chance to spend a night at home.

I arrived here at about 8:30pm. Braxton was watching "Home Improvement." Now we're watching "Willy Wonka" on the Family Channel. It's the second version with Johnny Depp. I have to say that I like the Gene Wilder version much better. But Braxton is enjoying the show.

It's a very quiet night here in the hospital. Braxton still has his own room, which is nice. And Braxton himself is still quiet. He is usually a pretty quiet kid anyway, but even more so now that he has fever and mouth sores. So we're spending a "guy" evening together. No real talking. Just tv and some occasional grunting!

Not much else to report. We're still waiting for the fever to go down and everything else to normalize.

Until then, we'll make the best of our luxury accommodation!


- posted by David

No comments: