Monday, April 21, 2008

Day 39: News From the Homefront

While Braxton spent time at the hospital getting loopy on Prednisone and beating his Mom at Set, the girls and I had a busy weekend at home.

It wasn't a "Circus Weekend," but we did get to see Paul & Gretchen on Saturday. Gretchen had a dance competition at the Convention Center in downtown Minneapolis this weekend. So Zoe, Emma, and I drove down to see one of her dances and were joined by my Mom and my sister Jennifer.

Gretchen was amazing. I cannot believe how much she has improved in a year! She has worked very very hard. Her team practices 2-3 times a week, often practicing for four hours or more on Saturdays. But the hard work has really paid off. Her team is quite good (and I am not one bit biased!).

Saturday afternoon, Zoe invited her friend Madeline over and we went to the YMCA to swim at their big pool in Andover. Unfortunately the pool closed fifteen minutes after we got there due to some mysterious substance found floating in the infant pool. (Just like Caddyshack)

So Madeline decided to stay overnight. We rented Bee Movie for Zoe and Madeline and we rented a Scooby Doo movie for Emma. We also stopped at DQ and got Blizzards for everybody.

Sunday was a glorious day in the Twin Cities. After an eternal wait for spring, we finally hit 70 degrees Sunday afternoon. I took Bayley, Zoe, and Emma to the dog park in Minneapolis (along with Sunny & Rufus, of course). The park was packed as Minnesotans came out of their houses to explore this strange phenomeneon of sun and warmth. Of the many beautiful dogs at the dog park, the girls enjoyed a huge Saint Bernard the most.

Sunday evening I took Emma over to the park to play with Grandma. Fun was had by all!

Now it's Monday and the house is empty. School for the girls and work for me. Booooo!!!!


+ posted by David

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't know quite what to say, but, David's update moved me. All that ran thru my mind was "I can do all things in God Who strengthens me".
Brax,I'm up late at nite and only need 4-5 hours of sleep - and I LOVE TO PLAY CARD GAMES. Wish I was closer to keep you company. At my age, I'm a bit "loopy" at times so we'd make a good pair. Good Nite, dear boy, God Bless.
Grandma Nord - Grandpa's sound asleep!