Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day 26: Smiles, Frowns, and Isolation

It has been an up and down couple of days for Braxton.

Yesterday things were improving as his white cell counts and neutrafil levels climbed while his fever receded. Today the course has reversed. White cell counts and neutrafil levels are still ok, but his fever has returned.

Last night Braxton got to cheer on as Kansas rallied from a 9 point deficit with two minutes remaining in the game to win the National Championship in overtime. Today Braxton has been diagnosed as having an infection that will force him to be isolated from other patients. He will have his own room at the hospital, which is good, but his movement on the floor will be restricted.

Yesterday we were hopeful that Braxton would be returning home soon. Today we seem to be back where we were on Friday as, even with the infection diagnosed, the return of a fever is somewhat of a mystery. It now looks as if Braxton will have to remain in the hospital at least through Thursday.

Pray for Braxton. Pray that he may not become depressed due to extra time in the hospital. Pray that he will find new interests to keep him engaged with life. Pray for healing.


+ posted by David

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi buddy I hear you are in the hospital still :[ . I hope you feel better so we can still have a party for you to welcome you back. We are always their for you so get better soom plus I have super smash bros for wii. I was going to put a mario picture but wouldnt work I will see you later email me what's is going on.


from Brendan ross

Anonymous said...

I continue to try to send you a note but, Nicole tells me I'm still doing something wrong (I blame it on 70 yrs.). Wanted you to know that we are all thinking and praying you'll be home soon. You know Brax, God sends certain troubles to His very special children who He knows are strong and have great faith in His healing. That's you dear one! We love you, Grandpa & Grandma Nord