Tuesday, April 8, 2008

still hangin' out...

Hey everyone,
It's day 5 of Braxton's visit to the U. Everyday we hope that the doctor will say that Brax can come home, but...not yet. Today Braxton's fever spiked up over 100.5 again. Everyday over 100.5 means another day in the hospital. His kidney functioning is better but they're still searching for the right anti-biotic combination. Braxton is drinking milkshakes, but not eating. It will all improve soon. Brad is at the hospital for his shift until thursday then I take over again.
On the homefront, Emma is very excited to have passed Pre-school Screening to go to Kindergarten and is doing very well in swim class and dance. She has a big spring recital in May. Zoe is winding down rehearsels for the youth church musical on friday and saturday. She has a small solo and and a part. Bayley wrote poetry for her Creative Writing class which got very high marks and kudos from her teacher. I have decided to stay with my Graduate program schedule with my next class beginning on thursday afternoon. Bethel is willing to give me very generous accomodations to get through the class and stay with my co-hort. So, I'll give it a try.
David traveled to Cold Spring, this morning, for a Parent Day at Gretchen and Paul's school. They played homemade games and David got to see their work and classrooms. Allof the kids will be home this weekend and we hope that will include Braxton!
I hope that you all are well too!
-posted by Beth

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey braxton how are you I hope you get better soon so we can party at my house. celebrating you coming back from the hospital. austin says hi and to get better soon. we hope you leave and get better soon we are preying for you buddy we are willying to help you buddy. you are a good friend and that when you get better we can have a party for you we can do whatever you want to do.

your friend
Brendan Ross

Anonymous said...

Hey Bud,
OMG, this is my 1st comment, I've tried be4, but I couldn't fiqure out how 2 make it work, but David made it easy, so it all good now. Mr Ostrom, my Honors College Lab teacher, said that he wold be praying for you, but I'm not sure how he found out. Mom probably told my dean, who told all my teachers, but only 2 hve talked 2 me. u c any interesting movies, i guess there isn't any interestng things 2 watch now that the NCAA tournament is over. Or is that only frm dads point of view?=) I really miss u , things r pretty boring here wen its just the girls & david. u should email me & tell me how ur doin & i can reply on the blog. oh yeah, im a genius. haha lol. well, i cant think of anythin else 2 say, so i hope 2 c u @ home be4 the weekend comes. LOV U!!!!!!!XOXOXOXO
bayley

Anonymous said...

Hi Braxton!
I hope that you get better very soon, and can go home and relax with your family! We miss seeing you in church, and we're all praying for a speedy recovery!

Reeve Currie
from church

Anonymous said...

Braxton,
We're sending you tons of well wishes for a quick return home with your family. Hope you enjoyed Kansas' victory last night (Monday). Ian and Hannah's Dad was very excited, especially because he won some money. I told Hannah to ask for a cut. She's hopeful. Send all of us bloggers your thoughts so we can "hear" your voice and spirit.
Lots of love,
Julie, Ian & Hannah

Anonymous said...

hi braxton, grandma gay here. i
hope you are feelilng a bit better
today. take a deep breath and see
the sun lighting up your room. it
always helps to see the sun shine.
and how about a smile just for me.
i will pretend that i can see it.
love and hugs. g.g.