Thursday, April 17, 2008

To Be or NOt To Be?

hey bloggers!

It's 9:20 and Braxton and I are hanging out at the Bruegger's by the U. hospital. We came, this morning, to have a kidney functioning test but EVERYTHING gets backed up even if you start at 7 a.m... The test calls for 4 blood draws every 40 minutes plus a visit to Dr. Burke (he's our cancer doc). We're having bagels and coke for breakfast :). Braxton burps and the carbination goes up his nose. "Whoaa!! I wasn't expecting that!" he says. "It just feels so weird!" We're sad because the DQ next door doesn't open til 11 (!) so we can't go get breakfast dessert. I guess Braxton's appetite is back! Tuesday night Brad grilled hamburgers and hotdogs for the kids and Brax ate 2 hamburgers, 2 hotdogs then went out to Cold Stone Creamery for dessert!! Those pounds he lost last week will, happily, pile back on.

Anyway, the kidney test will tells us if Brax can have chemo tomorrow or wait another week. We ran into Dr. Lund (our oncology fellow of the month) in the hospital basement where nuclear med is) and he said that changing a chemo schedule requires more paper work than buying a house. BUmmer! We'll know tonite by 6.

HELLO everybody! How's it going? I am doing fine. I am losing my smartiness because I have not been in school for two months, I am really bored. I am bored out of my mind. Please HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -from Braxton

ok, we're going back over the hopsital now. more later...

No comments: